Time to Get Scared
There’s a lot of scary cool stuff happening around town. And it gets more terrifying and spirited every day.
Download the Participants’ list and maps package (see Key Links below) then head out to see what’s been going on in the wee hours of the night. There’s more to meet the eye than you might want to know about.
- Grab the kids & snacks and head out to see as many entries as you can – during daylight & after dark.
- Join the Light Up Our High River Facebook group if you haven’t already and post lots of pics of your favourite places!
- Vote for your favourites October 15-31, 2019
- Enjoy trick or treating on the 31st, especially at all the participating houses
- Wait like a kid-with-a-bag-of-candy-after-Halloween on November 1 for the winners to be announced
- You’re welcome to vote even if you live out of town
- Voters can enter a draw to win a prize too. Leave your name and contact information on your ballot to be included.
How to vote
- Visit the entries over the next couple of weeks.
- You may want to plan on going by a few times as many of the entrants add to their display right up to the 31st.
- Some business displays may be inside their store so be sure to pop in and say “Boo!” when they’re open
- Voting is a bit different than what was used for Light Up Our High River in the past.
- Instead of having to make the ever so tough decision of choosing one entry, you can share how much you like each Halloween display
- Every entry automatically receives 5 points for participating. You’ll score each location on a scale of 6-10
- If you don’t want to rate a location, then leave it blank or select “n/a”
- Both the Resident and Business categories will have bragging rights for 365 days
- The entry in each category with the highest tally will be declared the winner
- In cases of a tie,
- the first tiebreaker is the greatest number of 10 ratings
- the second tiebreaker is a draw
Participants’ list and maps package (coming October 2020)
Participants’ list and tracking cards only (coming October 2020)
Online map: (coming 2020)
Vote online (coming 2020)
Light Up Our High River Facebook group – active all year round
Registration: October 4 – 14, 2019
Voting: October 15 – 31, 2019
Winners announced: November 1, 2019
- 2020 dates to be finalized
Guaranteed bragging rights for 365 days plus a surprise or two in the resident, business AND voter categories.
Enter, vote for your favourites or do both … your excitement and passion for the season is contagious and builds buzz around town.