Get Plugged In!
No amount of snow or cold is going to stop the Christmas cheer and happiness lights and decorations bring.
Registration: November 14 – December 01, 2019
Maps Available: December 06, 2019
Voting: December 06 – 19, 2019
Winners announced: December 20, 2019
Award Ceremony: December 20, 2019
If you’d like to join in but won’t be able to decorate by December 06, 2019 – no worries. You can still participate and be included on the voting list and map.
Businesses, you’re more than welcome to participate if you only decorate inside your location. We can all use a handy place to warm up!
Want to recommend a favourite location of yours? Let us know about your “Reindeer Recommendation” on the reindeer picture Light Up Our High River Facebook group. They won’t be part of the contest but others can still enjoy the lights and decorations as much as you do.
Entries Are In! What next?
Grab something warm to drink, fill the car or head out on foot, and enjoy the lights!
Use the online and pdf maps to plan your route. A few outings may be in order to leisurely enjoy seeing all the lights.
- You’re welcome to vote even if you live out of town
- We love voters too! You can enter the Voters’ Draw to win a prize simply by leaving your name and contact information on your ballot.
How to vote
- Visit the resident and business entries December 06-19, 2019.
- Some business displays may be inside their store so be sure to pop in and say “Merry Christmas!” when they’re open
- Voting is a bit different than what was used for Light Up Our High River in the past.
- Everyone is welcome to complete a single ballot. You can change the ballot as often as you wish until December 19, 2019.
- Every entry automatically receives 5 points for participating. You’ll score each location on a scale of 6-10.
- If you don’t want to rate a location, then leave it blank or select “n/a”
- Participants’ list and maps package (PDF for printing or viewing): http://bit.ly/LightUpOurHighRiverPDFListsMaps2019
- Participants’ list and tracking cards only (PDF for printing or viewing): http://bit.ly/LightUpOurHighRiverPDFEntriesOnly2019
- Online map: http://bit.ly/LightUpOurHighRiverChristmasMap2019
- Vote online: closed for 2019
- Light Up Our High River Facebook group – active all year round
- Reindeer Recommendations: http://bit.ly/LightUpOurHighRiverReindeer2019
Prize surprises are fun!
- Both the Resident and Business categories will have bragging rights for 365 days
- The entry in each category with the highest tally will be declared the winner
- In cases of a tie,
- the first tiebreaker is the greatest number of 10 ratings
- the second tiebreaker is a draw
In all, there are four prize categories:
- Participants’ Draw
- Voters’ Draw
Enter, vote for your favourites or do both … your excitement and passion for the season bring joy and wonderment to kids of all ages.